Peanut is one of the most enjoyed nuts which belong to legumes family. Peanut calories are taken into account for people who are under weight loss plans, as it is known to contain high amount of calories. However, peanut has a very rich lipid profile with healthy existence of saturated fatty acid, mono unsaturated fatty acids, and polyunsaturated fatty acids. However, the fats found in peanuts are healthy ones, and known to increase good cholesterol level, still it is of prime importance to know the calorific values of different peanut variants. Peanut is consumed either as raw, fresh kernels, or they are roasted, dried, salted, crushed into oils, or made into yummy peanut butter spreads or candy bars. Before relishing your favorite peanut in any form, you must know the perfect calories count found in them.
A Peep Into Peanut Calories
As peanuts come into variety of flavors from dry, to roasted, salted, sweet bars, or butter, all of them must have wealth of calories to give you ample source of energy. But, when this energy is not converted into fuel for work, they tend to get accumulated as stored fat in your body, to be used later. With time, this stored fat gets stubborn, and you keep on piling up calories. A peanut is 48 percent fat, about 16 percent protein, about 18 percent carbohydrates, and cellulose, and 2 percent water. Around 50 percent fat is constituted in peanut. Now let us measure peanut calories in split ups.
Calories Count in Raw Peanut
One raw peanut is taken as one gram. A single peanut produce 6.3 Calories when used as fuel in our body.
- In 1 oz or in 28 gram of raw peanuts, the calories count is 159 calories
- In a 1 cup of raw peanuts, calorie count is 828calories
- In 100 gram of raw peanuts, calorie measured is 567 calories.
Calories Count in Dry Roasted Peanut
Dry roasted peanut, tend to lose some amount of water in it, so the burnt up calories also shoots down.
- In a single dry roasted peanut, you can find 6 calories.
- In 50 large roasted peanuts, we get about 166 calories.
- In 1 oz or 28 gram of dry roasted peanuts, we get 164 gram of calories.
- Similarly, in 100 gram or 1 cup of dry roasted peanuts, you get about 600 calories.
Calories Count in Salted Peanuts
Salted peanut are consumed as tasty, crunchy snacks, so it is important to know the amount of calories being popped up with peanut crackers.
- I oz, or 28 gram of roasted and salted peanuts has, about 6 calories.
- In 1 cup, you get 846 calories to burn as fuel.
Calories Count in Chopped and dry roasted peanuts
3 tablespoons of peanut contains 166 calories.
These are some of calorific value of peanuts, which could provide you some helpful guidelines on peanut calories.
Image credit : ifood.tv