How To Eat Battata Harra?
The ubiquitous potatoes are celebrated not only for their versatility, but also for making their way into cuisines across the globe. Cubes of potatoes, in golden hue (fried) and spiced up the Lebanon style! You have Battata harra to satiate the gourmet’s senses! How to eat Battata harra and receive a golden reception to the most delectable dish of Lebanon cuisine?
Battata Harra is prepared from diced red potatoes which are fried in olive oil till golden brown. Minced garlic, cayenne pepper are added at the time of frying and the end-product is garnished with chopped cilantro and lemon juice to season the dish.
Here are a few tips on how to eat Battata haara and eat what is typically Lebanese:
• First and foremost how do you make your taste buds and stomach get into the tempo of eating Batttata harra? Try hummus as an appetizer and a dip as well. Hummus is a thick spread made from (Tahini, mashed chickpeas, lemon juice and garlic).
• Pita bread, hummus and Battata harra make an excellent combo where bread, potatoes and the healthy and nutritious hummus spread simply make up a wholesome meal.
• Cilantro sauce, as Cilantro is a popular herb used to season Mediterranean/Lebanese dishes; in a mix of garlic and olive oil turns into a nice peppy dip for your Battata harra.
• Mixed stir-fried summer vegetables serve the taste of battata harra in vivid flavors.
• Another accompaniment that will serve your budget dinner plans and also as an economical tip on how to eat Battata harra, are finely chopped tomatoes and scallions.
• Eggs also make a good side dish for Battata harra and you can use fried, poached or scrambled eggs.
• Battata harra can make a good side dish for main course meals such as chicken Pita sandwich, steak rice or bulgur wheat and lamb.
To make your meal complete with Battata harra, white sparkling wine will definitely help you see through the prism of Lebanese cuisine in its plethora of flavors, vivifying your perspectives on how to eat Battata harra.
Photo Courtesy : flickr.com