Shrimp dumplings are also known as shrimp shumai in chinese. Why do you need to go to a chinese restaurant when you can make those yummy dumplings at home? This recipe is little involved but worth the effort. Hope you enjoy.
For the filling
2 Medium, chop
Sesame seed oil
1. Rinse the shrimps and put them in a blender.
2. Chop green onions and add it to the processor, add sesame oil, cornstarch, egg, some freshly cracked black pepper and some salt.
3. Pulse everything together until you get a smooth paste, about 6-7 pulse.
4. Lay wanton wrappers and put about 1/2 tablespoon of shrimp mixture in each wrapper.
5. Fold the wrappers diagonally, and seal the edges, set aside.
6. Boil water in a large pot, add 1 tablespoon of bovril.
7. Once the water reaches to a boil, place half a batch of the shrimp dumplings in the water.
8. Poach them for 1-2 minutes or when then float on the surface.
9. Remove the shrimp dumpling with a slotted spoon.
10. Serve the shrimps dumplings with soy sauce and hot sauce, sprinkle some green onions if you like.