Pork Dumplings - Gogi Mandu
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green onions||3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Grated ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic chive||2 Tablespoon|
|Mirin/Cooking rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a mixing bowl, add the ground pork, chopped green onions, minced garlic, grated ginger, chopped garlic chives, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, salt and pepper along with the corn starch.
2. Combine all of ingredients and mix well using hands until the mixture thickens.
3. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling at center of a wrapper and wet edges with water.
4. Bring opposite points toward each other and press edges together as shown in the video. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. It will make 20 dumplings.
5. Heat a large skillet that has lid over medium high; add little bit of oil enough to coat skillet and place the dumplings on the hot skillet.
6. Add 1/3cup water and cover with lid.
7. After 5 minutes or when all the water has evaporated, open the lid and transfer to a serving dish.
8. Serve with Choganjang (Sour soy sauce) or your favorite sauce.
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg6%
Sodium 302.6 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 2% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet