Old Time Apple Dumplings
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (as needed)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening.
2) Add milk and mix to form soft dough. Knead it lightly.
3) Now, roll it into 1/8 thickness and then cut into 6 squares.
4) Core, peel apples and place 1 on each square.
5) Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle at the center of each apple.
6) Put 1/2 teaspoon butter to each.
7) Lightly moisten edges of dough and press corners up over apples.
8) Lightly coat with milk and place it in greased baking pan.
9) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
10) To make sweet and sour sauce- In a saucepan, heat water, vinegar and butter together.
11) In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
12) Now, mix the two mixtures and cook on low heat until thick.
13) Serve old time apple dumplings with Sweet-Sour Sauce.
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.9%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 34.8 mg11.6%
Sodium 306.8 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 61.1 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet