Feathery Light Dumplings
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Use pastry blender to cut in shortening, until the mixture is crumbly in texture.
3. Further, add milk and egg.
4. Mix until flour is dampened and the dough should remains lumpy.
5. Add spoonfuls of this mixture over boiling meat or fruit mixtures.
6. Cover the lid and steam for about 12 minutes.
7. Serve the fluffy dumplings upon cooling a bit.