Feathery Light Dumplings
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Use pastry blender to cut in shortening, until the mixture is crumbly in texture.
3. Further, add milk and egg.
4. Mix until flour is dampened and the dough should remains lumpy.
5. Add spoonfuls of this mixture over boiling meat or fruit mixtures.
6. Cover the lid and steam for about 12 minutes.
7. Serve the fluffy dumplings upon cooling a bit.
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 36.5 mg12.2%
Sodium 277.5 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet