Baked Apple Dumplings
|Sifted brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (based on 2 cup flour)|
|Apples||8 Medium, peeled and cored|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fruit juice||3 Tablespoon (orange, lemon, pineapple, apricot, etc)|
1) Make a smooth paste of butter, spices and brown sugar.
2) Now, roll the pastry flat of about 1/8" thickness and cut eight squares.
3) Put an apple at the centre of each and the put jelly in the cavity and then spice paste.
4) Moisten the edges of the pastry and close by joining ends together. Seal the sides tightly.
5) Roll the remaining pastry and cut into streamers to be put on top of dumplings.
6) Take a greased 11X15 baking dish and bake the dumplings for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
7) Meanwhile, combine water, sugar and fruit juice and simmer until sugar dissolves and makes syrup.
8) Pour this syrup on the apples and bake for another 10-20 minutes. Keep basting in between.
9) Let the dumplings warm a bit and serve.
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg4%
Sodium 14.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 65.8 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet