Braised Short Ribs With Dumplings
|Short ribs||3 Pound, cut in serving -size pieces|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed onion soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut into 2-inch pieces which should fill 2 cups|
|Biscuit mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground savory||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Trim fats off the rib.
2. Take a Dutch oven, add ribs to it and brown them in a shortening. Drain off the fat from oven.
3. Add tomatoes, soups, water, garlic, Worcestershire, and bay leaves.
4. Cover and simmer for about 105 minutes by stirring at occasional intervals.
5. Blend in carrots, cover and cook for another 60 minutes.
6. Drain off the fat from the surface.
7. Take a bowl, add savory and biscuit mix, and blend in milk.
8. Add 8 spoons of milk mixture into boiling stew and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
9. Cover the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
10. Serve the short ribs with tjhe dumplings.