Stewed Chicken with Dumplings
|Chicken parts||2 Pound|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Small carrots||4 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Thick onion slices||1 Medium|
|Packaged biscuit mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) In a large, heavy pot, add in the chicken, soup, water, vegetables and pepper.
2) Cover the pot and cook on simmer for 40 minutes or till the chicken becomes tender.
3) In a bowl, mix the biscuit mix and milk lightly using a fork.
4) Add spoonfuls of the biscuit mix over the chicken pieces.
5) Cook on low uncovered for 10 minutes.
6) Put the lid back on and cook for 10 minutes.
7) Serve the Stewed Chicken with Dumplings hot.