Dumplings With Meat Filling
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For meat filling|
|Raw chicken/Raw pork||1⁄2 Pound, finely ground|
|Water chestnuts||3 , finely chopped|
|Scallions||2 , finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl sift the flour and salt, make a well and stir in the egg.
2) Gradually add the water, mixing lightly until dough is formed.
3) It may not be necessary to add all the water.
4) Knead on a lightly floured surface until very smooth.
5) Cover the dough with a bowl and let it stand for 30 minutes.
6) In a bowl, combine pork or chicken, egg, water chestnuts and soy sauce mix well.
7) In the meat mixture, add the seasoning and scallions, mix well.
8) Roll the dough as thin as possible and cut into 2 inch squares.
9) Place a tablespoon of filling in the centre and fold over into a triangle, press edges together and seal.
10) Cook in boiling salted water or soup for 15 minutes.
11) Serve the dumplings with hot a spicy chilli sauce.