Japanese Pork Dumplings
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pork||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Watercress||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, sift flour and salt, add water slowly, mixing until a stiff dough is formed.
2) Knead for few more minutes, cover with a bowl and let is rest for 80 minutes.
3) In a large saucepan, bring water to boil, add salt and let it simmer.
4) In another bowl, mix together the pork, beansprouts, water chestnuts, scallions, watercress, soy sauce and chili peppers.
5) Add seasoning to taste.
6) Roll out the dough as thin as passible.
7) Cut it into 3 X 2 inch pieces.
8) Spread the thin dough sheets on the working table.
9) Place a teaspoon of mixture on the middle of each sheet and fold.
10) Seal the edges with a little water.
11) Cook in boiling salted water for 10 minutes and drain.
12) Can be served in soups or lightly browned in butter and serve hot as appetizer.