Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings
|Fresh spinach||6 Ounce|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft butter||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cook the spinach in a pot of boiling water until wilted. Drain out any excess liquid from the leaves and chop finely.
2) In a blender, puree spinach, ricotta, parmesan, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon butter, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper into a smooth dough.
3) In a small pan, melt butter and add in parmesan cheese. Keep aside to be used as sauce later.
4) In a saucepan, fill water and let it simmer. When the water becomes hot but not boiling, drop teaspoonfuls of the dough into it. Cook for 3 minutes or until the small pieces of dough rise to the top.
5) Remove the dumplings using a slotted spoon.
6) Serve the Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings with the prepared butter sauce.