|Bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut in 1/2-inch chunks|
|Onions||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a heavy skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and mix in bread cubes when the foam subsides.
2) Stir them well in the butter until browned on all sides and then keep aside.
3) In the skillet, melt rest of the butter and sautÃ© onions in it for 3 or 4 minutes, until they are lightly colored.
4) Transfer them to a large mixing bowl and then mix in flour, parsley, salt and nutmeg, and moisten with the milk.
5) Knead this lightly to form a dough and mix in bread cubes gently.
6) Allow the mixture to stand for about 30 minutes and then half the dough.
7) Using your hands, knead the dough and shape it into 2 long, sausage like rolls about 2 inches in diameter and 5 to 7 inches long.
8) In an 8-inch saucepan, half full of boiling salted water, carefully lower the rolls and cook them gently for 20 to 25 minutes over medium heat, tossing them once using a large spoon or 2 slotted spoons.
9) Drain them on paper towels and slice into 1/2-inch pieces while they are still hot.
10) Serve hot at once with roast goose or any meat dish that has a gravy or sauce.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.4 mg7.5%
Sodium 323.2 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet