|Baking apples||4 Medium, whole but peeled and cored|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) Roll the pastry to a large square.
3) Now, cut the pastry into 4 smaller squares. An apple each should fit in each of the squares.
4) Place an apple on each square of the pastry dough.
5) In a bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon and lemon rind.
6) Fill the cavity on the dough with the sugar mixture and dot with margarine.
7) Enclose the apple by bringing up the opposite corners of the square.
8) Use a little water to pinch together.
9) Now, tuck in the edges.
10) Seal by pressing the remaining corners of the dough together, at the top of the apple.
11) In a shallow baking pan, place the apple dumpling.
12) Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
13) Cool for a while and serve immediately.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 360.3 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 39.8 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet