|Baking apples||4 Medium, whole but peeled and cored|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) Roll the pastry to a large square.
3) Now, cut the pastry into 4 smaller squares. An apple each should fit in each of the squares.
4) Place an apple on each square of the pastry dough.
5) In a bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon and lemon rind.
6) Fill the cavity on the dough with the sugar mixture and dot with margarine.
7) Enclose the apple by bringing up the opposite corners of the square.
8) Use a little water to pinch together.
9) Now, tuck in the edges.
10) Seal by pressing the remaining corners of the dough together, at the top of the apple.
11) In a shallow baking pan, place the apple dumpling.
12) Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
13) Cool for a while and serve immediately.