Gourmet Chicken Dumplings
|Chicken pieces||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||4 Medium, sliced|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a 3-quart casserole, add the chicken, hot water, onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper.
2) Cover and cook in the microwave for 15 minutes.
3) In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water together, then stir into the chicken mixture and blend well.
4) Cover and cook in the microwave for 14 to 17 minutes , until the chicken is tender.
5) Spoon the dumplings around edge of the dish, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until puffed.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.