Chicken Dumpling Soup
|Chicken wings||2 Pound|
|Hot water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Stalk celery||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Biscuit mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot combine the first 7 ingredients and stir to mix well.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the chicken to cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours, or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Once chicken is cooked, using a slotted spoon remove to a platter.
5. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat off the bones.
6. Skim the fat from top off soup.
7. Return shredded chicken to the pot.
8. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley and milk and stir to mix well.
9. Use a rounded teaspoon to drop the biscuit mixture into the soup
10. Cover again and let cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
11. Ladle the broth with meat, vegetables and dumplings into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
12. Serve the soup hot.