Kartoffelspatzen Potato Dumplings
|All purpose flour||30 Milliliter|
|White pepper||1 Milliliter|
|Shredded cooked potatoes||1 Liter (Cold)|
|Bread crumbs||125 Milliliter|
|Cooked crumbled bacon||125 Milliliter|
|Sour cream||375 Milliliter|
1) In a sauce pan, over low heat, melt butter and cook flour in it for 2 minutes to make a paste (roux).
2) Pour in milk, stirring and then allow the mixture to be thickened by simmering.
3) Add in salt,white pepper and nutmeg to taste and again boil for 2 more minutes.
4) Mix in potatoes and bread crumbs and then whip in the eggs.
5) Take boiling salted water and lower tablespoon size dumplings into it.
6) Allow them to float and cook for 2 minutes.
7) Serve hot with sour cream and crumbled bacon.