Open Flower Dumplings
|Filo pastry sheets||6 Large (Or 9 Small)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|For the filling|
|Groundnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||1 , peeled and finely shredded|
|Green cabbage||1⁄2 , shredded (Spring / Other)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||220 Gram, drained and finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Chestnut mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Grams)|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Bunch (100 gm), snipped|
1) Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180C/fan 160C/gas4. 2) Butter the 3 sheets of filo and layer them on one another with buttered side in between.
3) Repeat the process with other filo sheets.
4) With 7 cm round cutter, cut the 24 circles from the layered filo sheets. 5) Take a mini muffin tin and brush the holes of the tin with oil. 6) In the holes, press the filo circles.
7) Do this in batches and keep the remaining filo circles in a wet towel to avoid drying.
8) You may also store them in a arir-tight container for a day.
9) Bake the circles for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. 10) In a wok, heat the oil over medium heat.
11 ) Fry the garlic for couple of secs, add carrots along with bamboo shoots and cabbage.
12) Stir-fry the veggies for at least 2 minutes. 13) Add in mushrooms, oyster sauce and soy sauce and fry for further 1 min.
14) Remove the pan from the heat and add chives. 15) Season the mixture with salt and pepper. 16) Heat the filo cases into a warm oven. 17) Spoon the veggie mixture into the cases.
18) Serve the dumplings hot