Coconut and Lemon Dumplings
|For the dumplings|
|Cottage cheese||3 Ounce (75 Grams Or 1/3 Cup)|
|Low fat margarine||1 Ounce (25 Grams Or 2 Tablespoon)|
|Light brown sugar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Self raising wholemeal flour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Desiccated coconut||30 Milliliter, toasted (2 Tablespoon, Plus Extra, To Decorate)|
|For the sauce|
|Canned apricot halves in juice||8 Ounce (225 Grams Or 1 Can, Apricots In Natural Juice)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Half-fill a steamer with boiling water and put it on to boil, or place a heatproof dish over a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Beat together the cottage cheese, egg white and margarine.
3. Stir in the sugar, flour, lemon rind and coconut, mixing evenly to form a fairly firm dough.
4. Place eight to twelve spoonfuls of the mixture in the steamer or on the dish, leaving space between them.
5. Cover the steamer or pan tightly with a lid or a plate and steam for about 10 minutes, until the dumplings have risen and are firm to the touch.
6. Meanwhile make the sauce: put the apricots in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice. Pour into a small pan and heat until boiling, then serve with the dumplings. Sprinkle with extra coconut to decorate.