|Double crust pastry||1|
|Cooking apples||6 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Mix the pastry and roll it out 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Cut in 6 squares.
2. Wash and peel the apples, cut out cores and chop the fruit coarsely. Mix with the sugar and cinnamon.
3. Arrange 1/6 of the apple mixture in the center of each square of pastry. Dot with butter or margarine. Moisten the edges of the pastry, gather it up and pinch together to seal the filling inside.
4. Start oven, set at Hot, 450° F. Rub a shallow baking pan lightly with margarine. Place the dumplings in the pan.
5. Bake 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to Moderate, 350° F., and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer.