Pepper Potato Dumplings
|Potatoes||4 Large, pared and quartered|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Potato starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White bread slices||2|
1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water in a large saucepan until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; return to saucepan; toss over low heat for several minutes to dry out the potatoes. Then remove from heat.
2. Mash potatoes; beat in eggs, flour, potato starch, salt and pepper until smooth.
3. Trim bread slices; cut each slice into 9 square pieces. Melt butter or margarine in a small skillet; add bread; saute until golden-brown.
4. Bring salted water to boiling in a large kettle. Shape a generous tablespoon of the potato mixture around each bread cube, dusting fingers with potato starch to keep potato dumplings from sticking.
5. Drop dumplings directly into boiling water. Cook, 6 at a time, 5 minutes, or until dumplings float to surface of water. Remove dumplings from water with a slotted spoon and keep warm on heated serving platter.