Chicken And Dumplings
|Fat free milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned fat free low sodium chicken broth||15 3⁄4 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Condensed reduced fat reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (Undiluted)|
|Chicken pieces||4 Pound, skinned|
|Frozen green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking mix||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Such As Bisquick)|
1. To prepare chicken, heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic,-saute 5 minutes. Stir in sherry and next 4 ingredients (sherry through soup), bring to boil. Add chicken,- bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
2. Remove chicken from cooking liquid. Place chicken in a bowl, chill 15 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from bones, cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard bones. Add chicken to pan, stir in peas.
4. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl, stir with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, stir well.
5. To prepare dumplings, combine baking mix and milk. Drop dough into chicken mixture to form 16 dumplings. Bring to a simmer, cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until dumplings are done. Garnish with parsley, if desired.