Cream Of Celeriac Soup With Porcini Dumplings
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Shallots/1 onion||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Celeriac||1 Pound, cut into small dice (500 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Single cream/Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1⁄4 Ounce (5 Gram, Dried Ceps)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Ricotta cheese||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Extra For Rolling)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. To make the dumplings, put the porcini into a small bowl and pour over warm water to cover. Leave to soak for 30 minutes. Drain in a fine sieve, reserving the liquid. Rinse the mushrooms well in cold water, chop finely and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, add the shallot and cook gently, without colouring, for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Spoon into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a soft dough. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. With lightly floured hands, form the mixture into about 30 small balls, roll in flour and put on to a tray.
3. Meanwhile, to make the soup, melt the butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat, add the shallots or onion and garlic and cook, without colouring, for 5 minutes. Add the celeriac, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the celeriac begins to soften. Add the stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return the soup to the pan, stir in the cream or milk and season to taste. Reheat without boiling.
5. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the dumplings and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and add to the soup just before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2178 Calories from Fat 1448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.3%
Saturated Fat 100.4 g501.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.6 mg283.5%
Sodium 3395.8 mg141.5%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.5%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 66 g132.4%
Vitamin A 146.2% Vitamin C 109.5%
Calcium 155.9% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet