Apple Dumpling With Maple And Nutmeg Syrup
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cold water||8 Tablespoon|
|Cooking apples||6 Small, peeled and cored|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavored syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Mix together flour and salt.
2. Cut in shortening until pieces are size of small peas.
3. Sprinkle 1-tablespoon water over part of mixture; gently toss.
4. Push to side of bowl.
5. Repeat until all is moistened.
6. Form dough into a ball.
7. On lightly floured surface, roll out into an 18x12-inch rectangle; cut into six 6-inch squares.
8. Place an apple in center of each square.
9. Combine sugar, 1/4 cup cream, and nutmeg; spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons mixture into center of each apple.
10. Moisten edges of each pastry square.
11. Fold corners of each square to center over apple; seal edges by pinching together.
12. Place in an 11x7 1/2x2-inch-baking pan.
13. Bake in 375° oven for 35 minutes.
14. Pour syrup over dumplings.
15. Bake 15 minutes longer.