Chicken And Basil Dumplings
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Small Clove)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Homemade/Canned/From Bouillon Cubes)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut in serving pieces, rinsed and patted dry (1 Piece)|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Put butter, onion, celery, celery leaves and garlic into a 3-quart glass casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes
at High, or until crisp-tender; stir after 1 minute.
2. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and mix well. Add chicken broth, sugar, salt, pepper, basil, bay leaf and parsley; stir. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 8 to 10 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir twice.
3. Arrange chicken pieces in casserole with sauce with thin end toward inside and thicker end toward outside. Spoon sauce over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 8 minutes at High.
4. Turn chicken pieces over in casserole. Cook covered in microwave oven 8 to 10 minutes at Medium-High.
5. Remove chicken, cover with aluminum foil and keep warm. Add frozen peas to mixture in casserole and, if necessary, break apart with a fork. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 9 to 10 minutes at High, or until boiling.
6. Meanwhile, prepare Basil Dumplings.
7. Return chicken to casserole. Drop dumpling mixture 1 tablespoon at a time next to chicken. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 5 minutes at High. Remove from oven and let stand covered 5 minutes before serving. (Dumplings when done should lose their moist look and spring back when touched.)