Melody Kettle visits Rose Mediterranean in Caldwell, NJ where Chef Joe Albergo creates Pato con Higos (duck with figs).
1 Tablespoon, slice
5 Ounce (Re-constituted dried figs in Sherry)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, sear the duck breast for about 2 minutes on both sides.
3. Next, pop the pan into the oven for 4-5 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and drain out the duck fat from the pan. Let the duck rest for 4-5 minutes before serving.
5. For the Fig sauce: In a pan, heat the mushrooms and shallots.
6. Add the dried figs and some of the sherry it is soaked in into the pan and stir.
7. Add duck confit and bring to simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
8. Plate the duck, top with the fig sauce and serve with a side of rice.