Duck Treat Part 4 - Duck Stock
|Duck||1 Medium, cut into neat pieces|
|Duck legs||2 Medium (DUCK CONFIT)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (DUCK CONFIT)|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon (DUCK CONFIT)|
|Dry mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (DUCK CONFIT)|
|Celery||1 Medium, chopped (DUCK STOCK)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped (DUCK STOCK)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (DUCK STOCK)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (DUCK STOCK)|
|Leftover fat from confit||1 Tablespoon (DUCK STOCK)|
|Fideo pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (PASTA AND VEGETABLES)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (PASTA AND VEGETABLES)|
|Peas||2 Tablespoon (PASTA AND VEGETABLES)|
|Corn||2 Tablespoon (PASTA AND VEGETABLES)|
|Green beans||2 Tablespoon (PASTA AND VEGETABLES)|
|Tomato||1 Tablespoon, chopped (PASTA AND VEGETABLES)|
|Duck brreast||1 Medium (STUFFED DUCK BREAST)|
|Spinach||2 Tablespoon, chopped (STUFFED DUCK BREAST)|
|Portabella mushrooms||2 Tablespoon, chopped (STUFFED DUCK BREAST)|
|Shallots||1 Medium, chopped (STUFFED DUCK BREAST)|
|Marsella wine||2 Tablespoon (STUFFED DUCK BREAST)|
|Orange juice||1 Fluid Ounce (STUFFED DUCK BREAST)|
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped finely|
|Duck confit legs||2 Medium|
1. Clean the duck and cut it into neat pieces.
2. Save the skin, wings, bones and pieces for the fat and stock.
3. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
4. DUCK CONFIT: In a pan place the duck pieces with skin, wings with little meat and heat it on low for around 25 minutes.
5. The fat will get rendered in the pan.
6. Remove the pieces from the pan leaving only the fat.
7. Take 2 duck legs and thighs; season it with kosher salt, peppercorn and dry mixed herbs.
8. Put it into the pan with the fat and immerse it in.
9. Cover this pan with a foil and bake it in the oven for 3 ½ hours.
10. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down.
11. Cover and place it in the fridge overnight.
12. STOCK: In a pot, heat oil, add onions, carrot, celery, salt and water.
13. Allow it to boil and then simmer till the stock reduces to half.
14. Once it is reduced to required consistency, strain it and cool it. Save it for using in any recipe.
15. Cook the pasta by boiling water, draining it and rinsing in cold water. Keep aside.
16. STUFFING: In a bowl add spinach, mushrooms and garlic. Mix well.
17. FIDEO PASTA AND VEGETABLES: Take a pan, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, pepper. Sauté till the onions are cooked.
18. Put the peas, corn and green beans, tomatoes and butter. Stir fry till the vegetables are tender.
19. In another pan, warm the thigh from duck confit.
20. STUFFED BREAST & DUCK CONFIT: Take a duck breast. Make a slight incision on the lower end of the breast. With the finger make a hollow by pressing it gently through the incision.
21. Fill the hollow with the stuffing of spinach and mushroom.
22. Heat a skillet and place the stuffed breast and confit thigh. Roast them for a few minutes. Drain out the excess fat and place them in the same skillet. Put the skillet in the oven heated to 400 degrees F. Bake it for 7 minutes.
23. Drain the excess fat and put shallots in it. Deglaze the skillet by adding marsella wine and orange juice. Let it reduce to syrup consistency. Pour the stock and let it reduce to half. Put some butter and stir it till it melts. Remove from heat.
24. FIDEO PASTA AND VEGETABLES: Take a serving bowl and put the pasta with the vegetables into it. Place the confit leg on the top and serve hot.
25. STUFFED BREAST: In a serving plate, put a bed of pasta on the one side. Place the confit leg on it.
26. Cut the stuffed breast at an angle to thick slices. Put the slices around the pasta. Pour the sauce over it and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8172 Calories from Fat 4768
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 531 g817.7%
Saturated Fat 156.3 g781.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1822.6 mg607.5%
Sodium 6566.2 mg273.6%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g64%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.8%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 630 g1260.3%
Vitamin A 315.7% Vitamin C 314.7%
Calcium 49.1% Iron 510.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet