|Duck with giblets||4 Pound (1 piece, fresh or frozen)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh sage leaves||6|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled|
|Chicken stock/Water||1⁄4 Pint|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 335F.
2) Defrost the duck completely. Sprinkle the inside and outside of the duck with salt and pepper. Place 4 sage leaves and a peeled onion inside the duck cavity.
3) Crush the other two sage leaves and rub them on the outer side of the duck.
4) In a roasting tin, lay the duck breast down with the giblets placed around it. Place the tin in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
5) After 30 minutes, turn the breast over. Drizzle marsala and brandy over the breast. Bake the duck for 1 1/2 more hours. Keep basting the duck with the pan juices.
6) Turn up the oven heat to 375F in the last 30 minutes of cooking, so that the skin of the duck becomes crisp.
7) Transfer the cooked duck onto a warm serving tray.
8) Remove excess fat from the roasting tin. Add in stock or water along with the lemon juice. Let the pan juices come to a boil.
9) Transfer the sauce into sauceboat.
10) Garnish the duck with roasted potatoes on the side of the plate along with braised celery and French beans.
11) Serve the warm sauce on the side.