Somerset Duck Casserole
|Cooking oil||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Duck portions||4 , skinned, if desired|
|Dry cider||450 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Demerara sugar||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Dessert apples||2 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the butter and oil and saute the onion until soft and transparent.
3) Place the duck and fry to brown evenly all over.
4) Carefully drain off the excess butter and oil.
5) Stir in cider, salt and pepper and sugar, stir well.
6) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
7) Reduce the pressure quickly.
8) To a warmed serving dish , transfer the duck and keep hot.
9) Add the apples and cornflour, blended with a little water, to the sauce.
10) Cook, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened, simmer for 1 minute.
11) Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
12) Pour the sauce over the duck.
13) Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve hot.