|Duck||4 Pound (1 whole)|
|Dry mustard powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Seasoning salt||1 1⁄4 Pinch (a large pinch)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Bitter marmalade||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons oil with mustard, crushed garlic, seasoning salt, sugar, cayenne and black pepper.
2. Prick breast of duck, rub this paste all over and fix duck rotary spit or barbeque spit.
3. Put an onion and lump of butter and some seasoning inside.
4. Prepare the charcoal grill or heat the rotary spit element to red hot.
5. Start grilling duck allowing 20 minutes per pound turning frequently if over charcoal, basting with oil for first 45 minutes then frequently with sauce.
6. In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons oil with Worcestershire sauce, bitter marmalade (sieved), ketchup, honey, vinegar, grated rind and juice of orange, ground pepper and 3-4 tablespoons stock.
7. Heat thoroughly and baste duck till it is tender and brown all over.
8. Remove from spit and serve hot with watercress and orange salad.