Duck with Raspberries
|Duckling||5 Pound, cut the breast parts (2.3 kg)|
|Brandy||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Lime||2 , rind cut in juliennes and blanched,squezeed|
|Clear honey||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Green peppercorns||2 Teaspoon, crushed (10 ml)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Raspberries||8 Ounce (225 g, Fresh or Frozen)|
|Rose wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
1) In a bowl, mix together the brandy, lime juice and half of honey, with half the peppercorns, and salt and pepper to taste.
2) Skin the duck breasts, and place the breasts in a shallow dish.
3) Stream the marinade the breast and allow to stand for 4 hours, turning the breast occasionally while marinating.
4) Remove the breast from the marinade and reserve the marinade.
5) In a non-stick pan melt the butter with oil, fry the breast over high heat for a few minutes
6) Turn over, and cook the breast for 5 minutes more or until they are tender, but still slightly pink inside.
7) In a heavy-based pan, place the raspberries with the marinade and the wine.
8) Simmer for a few minutes, and remove about one quarter of the raspberries using perforated ladle and set aside.
9) Stir in the remaining honey to the pan and let it boil until the liquid is reduced to half.
10) Pass the sauce through a sieve, pressing the raspberries with the back of a spoon.
11) In a rinsed-out pan, place the raspberry sauce with the reserved whole raspberries and reheat.
12) Check the sauce for sweetness and adjust seasoning.
13) Slice the duck breasts neatly, and place on warmed serving plates.
14) Spoon over the sauce, dredge with the remaining whole peppercorns.
15) Garnish with lime julienne and serve immediately.
Calories 3079 Calories from Fat 1625
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g279.2%
Saturated Fat 58.4 g291.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1635.5 mg545.2%
Sodium 1255.1 mg52.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 40.1 g
Protein 280 g559.6%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 116.1%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 216.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet