|Duckling||6 Pound, prepared (1 no, 2.75-kg)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Oranges||2 , juice squeezed and rind removed, thinly sliced and blanched|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), juice squeezed and rind removed, thinly sliced and blanched|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||2⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (4 tablespoons)|
|Lemon juice||2⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked almonds||2 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
|Orange twists||2 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
|Watercress leaves||2 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to hot 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
2. With a fork prick the duck all over.
3. In a small bowl mix the mustard, cayenne and pepper together and rub onto the bird.
4. In a roasting tin keep the duck breast down and roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5. In a bowl add the orange rind, juice and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Remove the duck, strain the fat and turn the bird over.
7. Pour the juice mixture over the duck and roast for about 1 1/4 hours at 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4, basting with the drippings.
8. Remove the cooked duck, cut it into serving size pieces and put it back in the oven in drained roasting tin to become crisp.
9. Place the duck in serving plate, pour the hot sauce and garnish as per your choice woth watercress, almonds or orange twist.
Calories 1507 Calories from Fat 706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 925.4 mg308.5%
Sodium 604.1 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 170 g340.1%
Vitamin A 46.3% Vitamin C 122.3%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 133%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet