Roast Wild Duck
|Ducks/Mallard / teal||6 , washed and seasoned|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Bell peppers||2 , cored and chopped|
|Celery head||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Bell pepper||2 , cored and chopped|
|Apple||2 , cored, peeled and chopped|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small bowl, mix together onions, bell peppers, apples lemon juice and olive oil.
3) Stuff the duck with the onion mixture.
4) Dredge ducks with flour.
5) In a black iron pot, heat oil and brown the duck in it.
6) Take the ducks off and discard off excess fat.
7) Return ducks to the pot and add onions, bell peppers, and celery.
8) Pour in the water and put the lid on.
9) Roast in the oven until ducks begin to break at breastbone.
10) Check if too dry add more water.
11) Place on serving platter and garnish with orange slices, crab apple and parsley if desired.
12) Carve and serve with stuffing.