Classic Duck With Cucumbers
|Duck||5 Pound, disjointed (1 Duck)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White onions||8 Small|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash, dry and trim all the visible duck fat.
2) Peel and halve the cucumbers lengthwise, then into 2-inch pieces and soak in ice water.
3) Grind the chopped onions, garlic, cloves, cardamom, mace, cinnamon, and salt together into a paste.
4) In a deep skillet, saute the spice mixture, white onions and duck in the oil until browned.
5) Drain off the excess fat, stir in the chicken broth and cook,
covered over a low heat for 1 hour or until the duck is tender.
6) Stir in the drained cucumbers and cook for 5 minutes.
7) Skim off the excess fat, then stir in the coconut cream and heat thoroughly.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.