|Duck||5 Pound (1 Duck)|
|Ground coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground cashew nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Wash the duck well and dry.
3) With a knife, chop the liver and gizzard coarsely.
4) In a bowl, pound the coriander, cumin, saffron, anise, ginger, onions, garlic, and nuts. You can also chop these to a paste.
5) In a large pan, add this spice mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons.
6) To this, add the sliced onions, chili peppers, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 cup coconut cream, and the chopped giblets. Mix well.
7) Cook this mix over low heat for 15 minutes.
8) Let it cool for a while.
9) Now, add the eggs and bread cubes.
10) With this mixture, stuff the duck. Sew or skewer the opening.
11) In a small bowl, combine the reserved spice mixture, remaining salt and the coconut cream.
12) Into the skin of the duck, rub this mixture.
13) On a rack in a roasting pan, place the duck and roast in the 425 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours or until duck is cooked. Baste with remaining spice mixture, if any, while roasting.
14) Serve along with a green salad.