Roast Wild Duck
|Wild mallard duck||1 1⁄2 Pound (Ready To Cook)|
|Onion slice||3 (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Carrot||1 Medium (Pared)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Rinse the duck in cold water well and pat dry with paper towels.
2) Dredge the surface and body cavity with salt and pepper.
3) Preheat the oven to 450F.
4) Fill the duck cavity with onion, celery, carrot, and juniper berries.
5) Secure the skin of neck to back, with poultry pin.
6) Fold wing tips under body, to secure wings close to it.
7) Using the poultry pins, close body cavity.
8) Tightly tie the duck with twine, and tie the ends of legs together.
9) Arrange the duck on the rack in shallow roasting pan.
10) Secure bacon slices across top; baste with wine.
11) Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, basting frequently with wine, roast for more time if well done duck is desired.
12) Remove the ducks from oven and remove poultry pins and twine.
13) Slice the duck into serving-size pieces, and place over platter.
14) Serve hot with desired sauce.