|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2) Sprinkle salt and pepper on the ducks, on all sides.
3) With 1/2 onion and 1/2 rib of celery, fill the cavity of the ducks.
4) Place an iron pot on top of a stove and heat oil in it.
5) In the hot oil, brown the ducks, uncovered.
6) In the fat around the ducks, wilt the remaining chopped onion.
7) To this, add 1 cup of water and sherry.
8) Cook in the preheated oven, covered, until done.
9) If required, baste the ducks and add liquid.
10) Finally, make a paste of flour and water.
11) Add this paste to drippings.
12) Serve hot, garnished with parsley and more sherry.