Balinese Roasted And Stir Fried Duck
|Salted macadamia nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, crushed|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated root ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Chicken stock||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Oven ready duck||4 Pound (1 Whole, 2 Kilogram)|
|Boiling water||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Green chilies||2 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
|Chili powder||To Taste (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7.
2) In a food processor or electric blender, add nuts, garlic, coriander, ginger and 25 ml (1 fl oz) of the stock.
3) Process the ingredients to a smooth paste. If the mixture becomes too dry, add little more stock.
4) Place the lid on and keep aside.
5) Place the duck on a roasting pan.
6) Pierce on the surface with a fork.
7) Pour in the boiling water.
8) Place the roasting pan inside the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
9) Discard the pan drippings after removing the pan from oven.
10) Place the duck pan back into the oven and cook for another 45 minutes, or until tender.
11) Allow the duck to cook slightly.
12) Slice the duck meat into bite-sized pieces by removing fat, skin and bones.
13) In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil over high heat.
14) Pour in the nut mixture and cook by stir-frying for 30 seconds.
15) Place the duck meat and chillies. Continue stir-frying for another minute.
16) Stir in remaining stock, lemon juice and salt. Combine well.
17) Stir-fry for 5 minutes, to make the sauce thick and glossy.
18) Sprinkle chilli powder on top and garnish with coriander sprigs. Serve at once.