Braised Duckling With Oranges
|Duckling||5 Pound, cut into 8 serving pieces (1 Piece)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh rosemary leaves/1 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onions||2 Large, diced|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. With the tip of a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors, loosen the skin and pull if off the meat.
2. Cut off all the fat from the meat.
3. Use a fine grater to grate the zest of 2 oranges into a bowl.
4. Cut and squeeze the juice into the bowl, being careful to remove and discard the pips.
5. Add honey, vinegar, mustard, and rosemary to the juice and stir until well blended. Keep aside
6. Peel, pith and segment the remaining orange. Keep aside.
7. Heat a Dutch over or a casserole over moderate heat.
8. Arrange half the duckling pieces and sear well for 5 minutes each side.
9. Remove the well browned pieces to a plate and brown the remaining pieces.
10. Spoon out most of the drippings leave about a little to sauté the onions.
11. Add the onions and brown them lightly for 5 minutes.
12. Return the duckling to the casserole along with the stock and prepared orange sauce.
13. Cover the casserole and cook the duckling for about 2 hours, stirring and basting the pieces occasionally, until they are fork tender.
14. Add the orange segments and simmer for another 5 minutes.
15. Serve the glazed duckling pieces with spooning some of the sauce and orange segments over them.
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 386.9 mg129%
Sodium 337.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 68.4%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 53.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet