Roast Duck A La Phil
|Duckling||5 Pound, cleaned (Fresh Ones)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|For orange sauce|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F before roasting.
2) Quarter duckling and rub it with garlic salt and pepper.
3) For the Orange Sauce, cook all ingredients for the sauce over low heat until sugar dissolves.
4) Stir cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens and become transparent.
5) In a shallow roasting pan, roast duck on open rack for 15 minutes in preheated oven to release excess fat.
6) Lower oven temperature to 350° F and again roast for 2 hours.
7) From the pan, drain off all fat and spoon Orange Sauce over duck.
8) Just before serving, heat again for 15 minutes.
9) Serve hot, passing some sauce at table, if desired.