Duck Breasts En Croute
|Chopped lean bacon||4 Tablespoon|
|Duck liver||2 , chopped|
|Finely chopped onion||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green olives||3 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry||1 1⁄2 (1 1/2 Times)|
|Beaten egg||1 Large|
1. Roast the ducks at 400°F for about 45 to 60 minutes. Once done, keep them aside to cool.
2. Take a pan and sauté the bacon, onions, duck livers, and orange rind in the butter.
3. Add some olives and brandy. Let this mixture cook for about 5 minutes over moderate heat.
4. Skin the ducks and carve off the breasts in 2 whole cuts. Slice every breast cut into 2 equal pieces.
5. Compress the puff pastry into 1/4 inch thick size and divide them into 12 pieces.
6. Position a duck breast piece over each pastry square. Also, spread some bacon and onion mixture over the duck and finally wrap the puff pastry over each breast in order to form the envelope.
7. Use some eggs to seal the seams and place the envelopes on a floured, moistened baking sheet.
8. Graze with egg and bake in a preheated oven for just about 25 minutes.