|Ducklings||10 Pound, quartered|
|Dry red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed or minced|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, halved|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Using moist paper towels, clean the quartered ducklings and season with salt and pepper. Prepare a marinade by mixing the ingredients in a large bowl. Coat the ducklings well with marinade, cover using a foil and allow to refrigerate overnight, turning the pieces every now and then for even marinating.
2. The next day, using tongs, take out the marinated ducking quarters, reserving the marinade dripping in the bowl. Using paper towels, drain the duckling quarters, strain and keep aside the marinade.
3. Take an 8 quart Dutch oven, place on medium heat, arrange duckling quarters, 4 each, with skin portion facing the pan bottom. Cook, for about 15 minutes, turning frequently, to allow even browning. Repeat the process to brown all the quarters. Reserve ¼ cup fat.
4. Place all the browned ducking quarters in the over, pour over 1 ½ cup strained marinade along with chicken broth. Bring the mixture to boil, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 1.5 hours or till ducking turns tender.
5. Place the duckling quarters on a serving platter and keep warm.
6. Meanwhile, using a strainer, transfer the cooking liquid to a bowl or 4 cup measuring cup and discard fat. If required, add water to make into 2 ½ cups.
7. Add reserved 1/4 cup fat to Dutch oven and sauté in mushrooms and garlic to tender. Add in flour followed by 2 1/2 cups cooking liquid. Allow mixture to come to boil and keep stirring till mixture thickens.
8. Top duckling quarters with some mushroom gravy and serve, while passing rest of the gravy.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.5 mg102.8%
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 57 g114.1%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet