|Coriander powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon piece||2 Inch|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 , parboiled and quartered lengthwise|
|Ghee||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Refined oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, soaked in salt water and squeezed dry|
|Thick coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash and clean the duck. Cut into large pieces.
2. Grind into a paste ingredients 2 to 11.
3. Add vinegar and salt. Apply this paste on the duck pieces.
4. Add 2 cups hot water and cook the duck, covering the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
5. When the duck is cooked, separate the pieces from the gravy.
6. Fry the potatoes in ghee and oil. Drain and keep aside.
7. In the same pan, fry onion and keep aside.
8. Fry the cooked pieces of duck in the remaining oil, adding more oil if necessary. Drain and keep aside.
9. Drain the oil from the pan.
10. Pour the masala gravy into the same pan and add the fried onion.
11. When this boils, add the fried pieces of duck and cook until all the gravy has been absorbed.
12. Add the coconut milk.
13. Remove from fire and serve the roast with the potatoes around it.