|Duckling||5 Pound (1 Duckling)|
|Bottled browning sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sherry/Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1. Cut duckling into quarters with duck shears. Place pieces in a bowl. Sprinkle with browning sauce, sugar, salt, and ginger. Stir gently to coat pieces evenly. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Heat salad oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook a few seconds. Add pieces of duckling and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Remove duckling. Drain all fat from Dutch oven. Return duckling to Dutch oven. Add water and sherry. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until duckling is tender.
3. Remove pieces of duckling to a warm serving platter and keep hot. Pour fat from Dutch oven, reserving as much broth as possible.
4. Combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir into broth in Dutch oven. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and becomes clear. Taste and season to taste if necessary.
5. Serve duckling with sauce and hot cooked rice.