|Duckling||5 Pound (1 Duckling)|
|Bottled browning sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sherry/Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1. Cut duckling into quarters with duck shears. Place pieces in a bowl. Sprinkle with browning sauce, sugar, salt, and ginger. Stir gently to coat pieces evenly. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Heat salad oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook a few seconds. Add pieces of duckling and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Remove duckling. Drain all fat from Dutch oven. Return duckling to Dutch oven. Add water and sherry. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until duckling is tender.
3. Remove pieces of duckling to a warm serving platter and keep hot. Pour fat from Dutch oven, reserving as much broth as possible.
4. Combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir into broth in Dutch oven. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and becomes clear. Taste and season to taste if necessary.
5. Serve duckling with sauce and hot cooked rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5219 Calories from Fat 2486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 276 g424.9%
Saturated Fat 67.7 g338.4%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 3084.5 mg1028.2%
Sodium 4257.7 mg177.4%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 556 g1112.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 108.9%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 412.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet