Roast Duck Breast With Bing Cherry Sauce
|Bing cherry preserves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Score the fat side of the duck breast in a crisscross pattern with a sharp knife.
3) Sprinkle the duck breast with a little salt and pepper.
4) In a pan over a medium heat, place the duck breast with the fat-side down and sear for about 6 minutes to render off the fat.
5) Flip over the duck breast and sear the other side for about a minute.
6) Transfer the duck breast on a baking sheet with fat-side down. 7) Roast in the preheated oven for about 7 to 9 minutes, depending on thickness the duck breast.
8) In a bowl, combine half of a jar of bing cherry preserves, red wine vinegar. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
9) Remove the duck breast from the oven, allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
10) Spoon the sauce over the roasted duck breast and serve immediately with some asparagus and potatoes.