Duck and Mushroom Crostini is a brilliant choice of appetizer, where crisp crostini are topped with creamy mushrooms and smoked duck. Easy to pick up and enjoy while serving drinks during the holidays.
Look for variety packs of wild mushrooms that include cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms for a tasty mushrooms flavour.
2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped
1 Small, minced
2 Medium, minced
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into cubes
Roasted red pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1⁄2 Medium, sliced (Artisan baguette)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Pound, smoked (1 breast)
1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2) Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until light golden.
3) Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and allow to cool.
4) In a non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for about 15 minutes or until no liquid remains.
5) Stir in cream cheese and cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
6) Remove from heat and stir in the roasted red peppers.
7) Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium high heat, sear the duck breast, skin side down for about 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
8) Turn and reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
9) Remove to cutting board and thinly slice breast on a diagonal.
10) Spread mushroom mixture onto toasted baguette slices, top with sliced duck, garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and serve.
Crostini topped with creamy mushroom and smoked duck - sounds truly irrestible. What about preparing these appetizers in your own kitchen? Watch this video and you too can make them with little dedication.