Roast Duck With Hoisin Sauce In Chinese Pancakes
|Duck||5 Pound (3 kg, 1 no.)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Clean duck and remove excess fat; discard neck and giblets. Pierce skin well.
3. Squeeze lemon juice inside cavity and over skin of duck.
4. Combine ginger, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. Sprinkle half of seasoning mixture inside duck and the remainder on the skin.
5. Place duck breast side up on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan and sear in oven for 30 minutes.
6. Reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C). Pierce skin again and roast for 50 to 60 minutes, or until juices run clear when duck is pierced. During last 30 minutes, baste duck with a combination of 1 tbsp (15 ml) hoisin sauce and the soy sauce.
7. Let duck rest 15 minutes. Cut into very thin slices.
To serve, place some of remaining hoisin sauce, shredded green onion, and duck inside a Chinese Pancake and roll up.