Wild Duck Goose Or Partridge
|Partridges/1 duck / 1 goose||2|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Juniper seeds||20 , ground / mashed|
|Bacon drippings/Butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Cornstarch/Potato starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Place partridges in a plastic bag with peppercorns and quartered onion. Refrigerate 3 days to age.
2. Discard peppercorns and quartered onion. Cut up bird. Sprinkle with salt and juniper. Let stand 1 hour.
3. Heat bacon drippings in a large skillet. Brown bird in the drippings; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
4. Add cabbage, sliced onion, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Remove the meat to a warmed platter.
5. Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water to make a smooth paste. Stir into drippings in pan.
6. Stir in sugar and vinegar; bring to boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in wine