I love easy, healthy snacks. Who knew that blended frozen watermelon could make such a healthy, refreshing and delicious treat! You can certainly add sugar and other fruits to this recipe, but I like it plain or with a splash of sour apple pucker : ) Watermelon is everywhere this time of year. Stock the freezer so that you can enjoy watermelon slushies all year around!
1 Medium, seedless
1 Tablespoon (or any liquid like juice, alcohol)
1. Cut watermelon in half.
2. Scoop out the watermelon with a spoon or melon baller.
3. Place the watermelon in a single layer on a baking tray.
4. Freeze overnight or until completely frozen.
5. In a blender place frozen watermelon.
6. Add a few drops of liquid if needed. Be careful not to add too much liquid during blending. Let the watermelon thaw out a little if won’t blend.
7. Blend until smooth.
8. In a serving glass, serve immediately. Add a splash of juice or alcohol to the top if desired.