Chef Saxony Peterson makes us a Lemon and Mint Martini. This is one of their signature cocktails at the bistro. We start with a glass of ice and a few slices of lemon. She added a few mint leaves and then she muddled it together.
1 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (Absolut Citron Vodka)
3⁄4 Fluid Ounce
1 Dash (Sweet and Sour)
1. Chill martini glass in freezer for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
2. In a cocktail shaker, add 4-5 ice cubes, add the lemon slices, mint leaves, leaving the top few leaves of the sprig for garnish.
3. Using a muddler, crush the ice and muddle the lemon slices and mint leaves to extract the flavors.
4. Add a little more crushed ice if necessary then pour in the lemon vodka, Triple Sec, and splash of sweet and sour.
5. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
6. Pour the strained martini into the chilled glass.
7. Place the lemon twist around the edge of the chilled martini glass and float the saved up mint on top.
You can think up many different cocktails with martini and they always taste wonderful. Lemon Mint and Martini is a magical and happy combination that always works! This cocktail is fragrant, citrusy, pleasant to the palate and always goes down easily. Tart and delicious, sweet and lemony; it is sure to appeal to the ladies!